Font Problems in printing PDF files from KDE 3.2

Jim Durham durham at jcdurham.com
Fri Mar 26 03:11:43 GMT 2004

On Thursday 25 March 2004 05:20 pm, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Thursday 25 March 2004 22:54, Jim Durham wrote:
> > As another piece of "evidence", I have rigged up a PDF printer from Samba
> > that takes Postscript output from a WIndows box and mails the resulting
> > PDF back to  the user. This uses Ghostscript and does not  have this
> > problem.
>
> Since you're investigating this anyway, can you open a bug at bugs.kde.org
> about the issue and tell the number? I'll follow up on it with my own
> experiences then...

Actually, I found a bug, #71864 that was awfully close to what I'm seeing. I
just added my comments on that bug report. You could do the same.

Further investigations show a *really* strange effect. If you print from
Mozilla through kprinter, part of the page is *reversed*!  Yep...some of the
text and graphics are mirror images! I'm not making this up... Also, there's
no color. What de hey...

--
-Jim