Fonts size

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Mar 25 03:18:20 GMT 2004

Sebastiano Pomata wrote:
> il Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:07:14 -0700
> James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> ha scritto:
>

>>Sebastiano Pomata wrote:
>>
>>>I've set my preferred font size for menus, general etc through
>>>kcontrol and everything goes well, but I have a little problem: when
>>>I try to run KDE apps from other wm (my old pc can't afford to run
>>>always kde) the fonts are much more bigger. Anyone can help? thanks
>>
>>The first question: are you running: "kdeinit" after you start the
>>window manager for the other desktop?
>>
>>Second thing you should do: run: "qtconfig" and set the default font.
>

> Yes, I've started kdeinit after my wm, but still the fonts are bigger
> than the size set in KDE. I mean: in KDE i like size 10, in another WM
> the apps of KDE have bigger fonts, and if I run kcontrol the value is
> still 10, but it's a "bigger" ten than the one of KDE. Sorry for the
> mess but I'm very tired.

Is it just the KDE applications that have different font sizes?

If not, check and see where the DPI for X is being set.  With KDE this is
normally set in: "$KDEDIR/share/config/kdm/Xservers", but I understand that
some distos do it some other way.  If you are starting the other WM/DT with
something other than KDM, the resolution is going to be set somewhere else.

--
JRT