kdevelop does not work with C++ ??????????????

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Mar 19 19:00:21 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 16:20, David Harel wrote:
> I use RH9.
> The RPM files I took was from:
> ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.2.1/RedHat/Fedora/i386/
> I did a full upgrade to KDE3.2.1 using the files in the above location
> including the kdevelop package.
>
> The installation was irritating. First I did rpm -U --force --nodeps to
> all the packages I wanted but since I had problems with kdevelop I
> uninstalled all the KDE and QT packages and installed the new version
> making sure I got no dependency problems. This was very annoying because

nodeps sounds doesn't sound like a  good idea.

> I think KDE people should make sure they use generic base machine like
> RH 9 and verify which packages should be updated and they should at
> least provide links to those packages (would be even better if they had
> those packages in the download directory).

The KDE project does not create binary packages, the distributors do.
If the Fedora packages are broken, its something you have to tell the Fedora
packager of the respective package,

> Also it is very important that in the ftp directory of the packages will
> be a document that explains the packages, what is the right order to
> install them and what other packages should be installed.

A suggestion that you could send to the Fedora packager.
Usually the package manager takes care of the correct order if you install all
packages at once.

> I hope KDE people see this message and will take my remarks in
> consideration.
> I am willing to assist with the above task.

The respective packager will be please to read this, if you send the mail to
the appropriate address :)

Cheers,
Kevin
--