Switching Tasks & Multiple Desktops

Nick LeRoy nleroy at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 16 15:49:16 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 9:40 am, William R. Lorenz wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Let me begin by saying that KDE 3.2.1 rocks socks.  It's one of those
> things that makes you want to learn new things (in my case C++ and Qt3
> development) and is helping my Linux desktop box do great things.
>
> However, one thing I don't like is the fact that when I switch desktops
> with the desktop pager, all the open windows as seen in the taskbar remain
> there.  When I ALT+TAB To page through things, only the open windows on my
> current desktop are displayed in the listing, yet windows of alll desktops
> are listed in the taskbar no matter which desktop I am using.  This makes
> it very unintuitive for me when multitasking with multiple desktops.
>
> I looked through the configuration panels for a solution to this but
> didn't find one; does anyone know how I can modify this behavior?  KDE is
> an excellent desktop, and getting this fixed would make it so much better!

Right click on the "button" (I don't know what they call it) to the left of
the system tray.  Bring up "Configure Panel".  Under "Taskbar", deselect the
"Show windows form all desktops" option.  This will stop the panel from
showing application windows in other desktops.

> Thanks, in advance, for any insight on this.

Hope this helps

-Nick

--
           <<< Follow the white rabbit. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project