Switching Tasks & Multiple Desktops

William R. Lorenz wrl at express.org
Tue Mar 16 15:40:44 GMT 2004

Greetings,

Let me begin by saying that KDE 3.2.1 rocks socks.  It's one of those
things that makes you want to learn new things (in my case C++ and Qt3
development) and is helping my Linux desktop box do great things.

However, one thing I don't like is the fact that when I switch desktops
with the desktop pager, all the open windows as seen in the taskbar remain
there.  When I ALT+TAB To page through things, only the open windows on my
current desktop are displayed in the listing, yet windows of alll desktops
are listed in the taskbar no matter which desktop I am using.  This makes
it very unintuitive for me when multitasking with multiple desktops.

I looked through the configuration panels for a solution to this but
didn't find one; does anyone know how I can modify this behavior?  KDE is
an excellent desktop, and getting this fixed would make it so much better!

Thanks, in advance, for any insight on this.

__ __ ___ _| | William R. Lorenz <wrl at express.org>
\ V  V / '_| | http://www.clevelandlug.net/ ; "Every revolution was
 \./\./|_| |_| first a thought in one man's mind." - Ralph Waldo Emerson