About KDE 3.2.1 on Fedora Core 1

Marian POPESCU softexpert at libertysurf.fr
Thu Mar 11 07:39:52 GMT 2004

James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> I think that you might have "Use sub-pixel hinting" set incorrectly.
>
> You screen shot has sub-pixel rendering.

The font rendering was a little weird because on 3.2 I disabled completely
the anti-aliasing feature. I never used subpixel hinting!

When I upgraded to 3.2.1, in the ControlCenter it kept the old settings, but
it disregarded them.
So now I enabled anti-aliasing in ControlCenter and set ExcludeRange from
7pt to 22pt, which get rid of the sub-pixel rendering as well.