About KDE 3.2.1 on Fedora Core 1

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Mar 11 05:27:32 GMT 2004

Marian POPESCU wrote:
> 3. From time to time, the system gives the impression that it freezes
> completely, only to continue normally after 10-25 seconds. Weird ...

I hate it when that happens and I can't figure out what the problem is.
Does it only happen when you have PPP running?  That is my theory.

> 4. Icons are missing (see this image:
> http://perso.netpratique.fr/softexpert/img/KDE/IconsMissing.png).

They are probably just missing.  Although I have icons for some, but NOT
all, of the ones that you are missing.  There have been recent changes in
the icons and some of them have gone missing.

You can look for them on web-CVS:

http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdelibs/pics/crystalsvg/

and download individual icons.

> 5. Font rendering causes as well some weird size calculations for menus (see
> this image:
> http://perso.netpratique.fr/softexpert/img/KDE/FontRendering1.png).

Could you be a bit more specific on this?  Your menu is TOOOOOOOOO wide, is
that the problem?

--
JRT