How to uninstall old KDE

Job 317 job317 at mailvault.com
Wed Mar 10 17:20:02 GMT 2004

Well, I was unable to remove the 'arts' but it was still required by
other applications (libao, gstreamer-plugins, and timidity++).

Also, I could not remove qt due to dependencies of xojpanel, arts and
redhat-artwork...

It's an endless chain.

I did not try the rpm --nodeps flag (which I only learned after the
fact) so I hope I'm not setting myself up for trouble down the road.

Additionally, I removed many apps like:

koffice, koffice-devel,
kde-i18n-*,
kde2-compat,
kdoc,
licq-kde,
licq-qt,
qt-cups,
qt-cups-devel,
PyQT-examples, PyQT-devel, PyQT,
kdbg,
kdevelop,
kpppload,
tora,
switchdesk-kde
UnixODBC-kde
wordtrans-kde
etc.

Not sure if these would have been taken care of by a different step in
the removal but I wanted a complete upgrade including new development,
games, etc so I got rid of it all.

JOB

On 10-Mar-2004 17:51:47 +0100, you wrote:
> Hello Job,
>
> Here is a list of all the packages for 3.1 series
>
> arts
> arts-devel
> kdeaddons
> kdeadmin
> kdeartwork
> kdebase
> kdebase-devel
> kdebindings
> kdebindings-devel
> kdeedu
> kdeedu-devel
> kdegames
> kdegames-devel
> kdegraphics
> kdegraphics-devel
> kdelibs
> kdelibs-devel
> kdemultimedia
> kdemultimedia-devel
> kdenetwork
> kdenetwork-devel
> kdepim
> kdepim-devel
> kdesdk
> kdesdk-devel
> kdetoys
> kdeutils
> kdeutils-devel
> qt
> qt-designer
> qt-devel
> qt-MySQL
> qt-ODBC
> qt-PostgreSQL
> quanta
> quanta-devel
>
> I believe this is more or less a complete list. You can refer this
list to
> remove the 3.1.4 packages.
>
> To check if the package is installed execute
> rpm -q <packagename>
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> On Wednesday 10 March 2004 03:23 am, Job 317 wrote:
> > I'll give it a try. I thought 'arts' also had to be removed (from
> > another poster's comment). Also, what about 'qt'?
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> >
> > JOB

KDE

RPM-based.