KMail default fonts?

Johnny Ernst Nielsen johnny.ernst.nielsen at get2net.dk
Wed Mar 10 09:37:07 GMT 2004

Tirsdag 09 marts 2004 22:33 kvad James Richard Tyrer:
> Johnny Ernst Nielsen wrote:
> > KMail 1.5.4 under KDE 3.1.4 under SuSE Linux 9.0 Professional all
> > up to date with official patches.
> >
> > What are the default fonts for KMail when the user has _not_
> > chosen to set up her own fonts for KMail?
> >
> > I have installed a load of TrueType fonts, and now the message
> > body font in the main window's reading pane is some arab font
> > ... .
>
> That would be an encoding problem rather than a font problem.
>
> 	View -> Set Encoding

Thank you James.
But no matter what other encoding I choose, the arab font persists.
I have tried alle the possible encodings.
Before I installed the fonts the encoding was set to Auto, and it was
still set to Auto after I installed the fonts.

If this is an encoding issue, it seems to lie deeper than what can be
corrected via the GUI.

Why would installing fonts change KMail's encoding?

Best regards :o)

Johnny :o)