SSH Xforward prob with KDE3.2

Job 317 job317 at mailvault.com
Tue Mar 9 18:27:48 GMT 2004

Continuing saga of KDE3.2 upgrade...

Prior to my konstruct upgrade of kde3.2 I was able to SSH to other Linux
boxes of varying releases (RH7.3, RH9.0 with KDE3.0.5 and KDE3.1.4) with
the latest builds of OpenSSH and have the Xserver display back to the
client machine.

Now (I assume due to moving certain variables and such with the
konstruct install of KDE3.2 into my /root/kde3.2 directory) I am unable
to display back to my client machine. This problem occurs regardless of
whether the app is a GTK-base app or a QT-based app:

For example (and Xforwarding is on by default in the respective client
and server SSH configuration files on each machine and worked prior to
KDE upgrade):

# ssh root at 10.10.10.1
# gqview
Xlib: connection to "localhost:10.0" refused by server
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: localhost:10.0
# evolution
Xlib: connection to "localhost:10.0" refused by server
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key

(evolution:8264): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
#kdbg
XLIB: connection to "localhost:10.0" refused by server
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
kdbg: cannot connext to X server localhost:10.0

Is there a global variable(s) that I need to change since my KDE3.2 is
in a different location now? Also, will this assist in any GTK-related
globals as well for those non-KDE apps?

Danke,

JOB