.xinitrc, .Xresources, dpi setting

Rashid N. Achilov shelton at sentry.granch.ru
Tue Mar 9 09:21:49 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 15:10, James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> >>After switching from console login to KDM I noticed KDM igores ~/.xinitrc.
> >>Since I have my dpi setting in there, I'd like to know where to set it
> >>instead.
> >>.Xresources seems appropriate, but I can't find docs about syntax in it.
> >

> > KDM uses .xsession script in home dir instead of .xinitrc. .xsession
should be
> > executable.
>
> I don't think so.  KDM does not use the: "~/.xsession" script.  It is only
> used if the: "Xsession" script sources it and it doesn't normally do that.
>
> You should edit your "$KDEDIR/share/config/kde/Xservers" file.

Running .xsession is suited by me :-) But, what I make to insert in Xservers,
if I'd like to change this behavior? Xservers now contains only:

--- /usr/local/kde3/share/config/Xservers ---
# Xservers - local X-server list
#
# This file should contain an entry to start the server on the
# local display; if you have more than one display (not screen),
# you can add entries to the list (one per line).
# If you also have some X terminals connected which do not support XDMCP,
# you can add them here as well; you will want to leave those terminals
# on and connected to the network, else kdm will have a tougher time
# managing them. Each X terminal line should look like:
#       XTerminalName:0 foreign
#

:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X

### Don't change these two lines; they are hints for genkdmconf. ###
### Version 1.99 ###
--- /usr/local/kde3/share/config/Xservers ---
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Web: http://granch.ru/~shelton