Totally odd kde vs print problem

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jun 30 15:39:48 BST 2004

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 10:24, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Wednesday 30 June 2004 05:05, Jaakko H Kyro wrote:
>>On Tuesday 29 June 2004 18:53, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> I don't know for sure that its just the kde email editor or more
>>> widely distributed.  The builtin editor kmail has is the most
>>> commonly used editor here by a very wide factor, otherwise its
>>> vim, and I don't recall vim doing that unless the machine was
>>> busier than that infamous cat on the equally infamous tin roof.
>>> :)
>>>
>>> I'm currently running kernel 2.6.7-mm3 with "elevator=cfq", and
>>> the default anticipatory is just as bad in this effect.
>>
>>The speed variation comes from the automatic spellchecker. Try
>> turning it off.
>
>Humm, I can't find an on-off switch for it, (KMail-1.6.2) and when I
>click on spell-check, it reports that neither ISpell nor ASpell
> could be started, they are apparently not in my $PATH.
>
>However, I have had mozilla-mail ask me to correct what it thinks is
>bad spelling, so I know that it works there.
>
>Odd...

On further checking, neither is installed, and the moz checker is
builtin.  I've got yum doing an install ISpell but it seems to be
hung (again), a restart says it scanned Freshrpms in addition to the
usual FC1 repos, and didn't find an ISpell.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.