How to start Konqueror always maximized in the selected desktop?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Jun 29 04:19:17 BST 2004

John Zoetebier wrote:
> Konqueror 3.2.
> When I start konqueror from the icon panel it is maximized.
> When I start Konqueror from an email link it starts not maximized.
> When I store the windows settings of Konqueror it also stores the desktop.
>
> Now, with windows settings stored, it always goes back to desktop 1.
> In some cases I start Konqueror as root in a separate desktop to avoid
> confusion with Konqueror windows running as a normal user.
>
> What I want is that Konqueror starts maximized in the destop I have
> selected.
> How can I get this behaviour ?

Konqueror has multiple personalities.  Normally, it uses only:

	filemanagement
	webbrowsing

To configure these select from the Konqueror menu:

	Settings -> Configure View Profiles

Note that at the bottom of the dialog there are two check boxes.

If you want for it to always open on the same desktop select from the window's menu:

	Advanced -> Store Window Settings

--
JRT