kde and printers=crash

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Jun 29 03:17:30 BST 2004

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 27 June 2004 08:38, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
>>I've posted a message describing my experinces with trying to print
>
>>from a kde app such as kmail/kwrite/kate about 3 times now, and have
>
>>been ignored.
>>
>>Where does one take kde problems that are "kdesystem-wide" if not to
>>this list?

You could also try 'kde-linux' which usually has more traffic.  You can also try
a list or news group for your distro.

> Further info, kde is konstruct built 3.2.3, machine has an rh8 install
> updated to Fedora Core 1,

I had problems when I upgraded the RPMs in my system from RedHat 9 to Fedora
Core 1 and had to down grade three RPMs to RedHat 9.  So, this might be a
problem with Fedora Core 1's hacked GLibc, or it might be something else.

So, I am not going to use any Fedora upgrades till I find out what is wrong or
GLibc-2.3.3 is actually released.

--
JRT