Kowto check if Konqueror is Java enabled

John Zoetebier john.zoetebier at transparent.co.nz
Tue Jun 29 01:02:30 BST 2004

Kevin Krammer wrote:

> On Monday 28 June 2004 01:07, John Zoetebier wrote:
>> David Goodenough wrote:
>> >
>> > Settings, Konqueror, Java & Javascript
>>
>> The settings in Konqueror are OK.
>> However my bank web site keeps complaining something is wrong with Java.
>> Is there a web site where I can test if the java settings are OK ?
>
> This page from the SUN Java Tutorial has a simple applet emedded:
>
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/applet/overview/lifeCycle.html

Applet works fine.
Please go to web site http://www.postbank.nl
Under Mijn Postbank.nl click on login.
Use a browser like Mozilla with the Java plugin enabled: check via Help >
Plugins
Wait about 10 seconds and you get a dialog to download a Java Applet:
==>
Warning - security
Do you want to trust the signed applet distributed by "Postbank N.V"
==>

This dialog box does not appear when using Konqueror.
I believe this is at the core of the Java problem.
Any ideas about this ?

John Zoetebier