Amarok vs. Juk

Nathan Toone nathan at toonetown.com
Sun Jun 27 00:41:49 BST 2004

I have been using Juk for quite a while, and I really like it.  I like it's
simplicity and ease of use the most.  However, I've been hearing a lot lately
about amarok, and I thought I'd conduct a poll of sorts.

Which media player do you use regularly?  Why do you like it over the others?

I was using XMMS, but I switched to Juk because I really  liked the KDE
integration (and it was easier to get hotkeys working with it....I didn't
have to install the kde-xmms applet)

I'm assuming that for the most part, quality of playback is similar - since
they all appear to be using the same libraries for playback - so this is
mainly a question on user-friendliness, usability, and performance.

What are your opinions?

-Nathan