kmail probelms

mmodem00 at netvisao.pt
Thu Jun 24 03:59:13 BST 2004

Em Quinta, 24 de Junho de 2004 03:37, o David Vestal escreveu:
> On Wednesday 23 June 2004 03:53 pm, Zé wrote:
> > This is how receive many emails in kmail, as blank emails, is only
> > possible to see some when is clicked to see the code of the message.
> > These same email is well displayed well in Evolution.
> >
> > Like many people know, i have sended emails to this mailing list to alert
> > how kmail treats many emails, that haves  a problematic bug.
> >
> > So far no one was worried in resolving this bug, but i know there is
> > someone out there like me that worry like me.
> >
> > so here is attached the last email i received that was displayed in blank
> > in kmail.
>
> With the email that you attached with this posting, what did Evolution
> show? Because given that exact email, just as you sent it here, should be
> not be displayed properly because it is malformed and there is nothing
> there. Most of the emails posted here, as far as I remember, were mostly
> blank. If the email is blank or malformed then nothing should be shown, and
> imo for security the mail reader should not even attempt to show a
> malformed email.
>
> However, as this may be a hard to reproduce, bug it would be more helpful
> too if you could describe how the other mail readers display the emails.
> But, there again, if your computer is recieving them exactly as they are
> posted then it is a bug with the other mail readers that they display them
> Archives: http://lists.kde.org/.
> More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.

Yes is a bug of Kmail, im tired os discuss this in the mailing list
(kde at mail.kde.org).
And all is like i said, in kmail many emails appear as blank emails with no
subject, unknown sender and date and only if you right click and choose "View
Code", then you can see what i just send in one of the attachements.
If i use Evolution and retrieve again the emails from the server, these same
emails that are shown in blank in kmail, are well displayed in Evolution, ok!