kmail probelms

David Vestal david_vestal at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 24 03:37:12 BST 2004

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 03:53 pm, Zé wrote:
> This is how receive many emails in kmail, as blank emails, is only possible
> to see some when is clicked to see the code of the message.
> These same email is well displayed well in Evolution.
>
> Like many people know, i have sended emails to this mailing list to alert
> how kmail treats many emails, that haves  a problematic bug.
>
> So far no one was worried in resolving this bug, but i know there is
> someone out there like me that worry like me.
>
> so here is attached the last email i received that was displayed in blank
> in kmail.

With the email that you attached with this posting, what did Evolution show?
Because given that exact email, just as you sent it here, should be not be
displayed properly because it is malformed and there is nothing there. Most
of the emails posted here, as far as I remember, were mostly blank. If the
email is blank or malformed then nothing should be shown, and imo for
security the mail reader should not even attempt to show a malformed email.

However, as this may be a hard to reproduce, bug it would be more helpful too
if you could describe how the other mail readers display the emails. But,
there again, if your computer is recieving them exactly as they are posted
then it is a bug with the other mail readers that they display them at all