kmd_greet crashes help please

m.roberto.d at tiscali.it m.roberto.d at tiscali.it
Mon Jun 21 09:06:00 BST 2004

hi ya all list,
Straight fowrward to the problem, kdm fails.
well , I'm running Debian Sid with kde3.2.2 and from night to morning, after
a system update kdm stopped to login me.
kdm starts as service in /etc/init.d/kdm it raise and waits but if I login
as user ( any user )it resets itself and prompts me the login window again,
but if I login as root kde starts correctly why??
Well, googlezing around the web, I found some people had problems like mine
but someone tells to login with another display manager and it will improve
all, others tell to apt-get install --reinstall kdm but nor one neiither
the other is good for me.
I attached an output of interested files.
help me please 'cuz this problem is on my laptop, hellllllllllllllp
tnx however for the patience.
Rob
~
~

Tiscali ADSL libera la velocita'!
Attiva Senza Canone entro il 21 giugno: navighi a 1,5 euro l'ora per i primi
3 mesi,se scegli il modem e' tuo in comodato gratuito e in piu' hai gratis
SuperMail per 12 mesi. Non aspettare, attivala subito!
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/prodotti/640Kbps/