kde crashes like hell.

Theveneau Hadrien thadrien at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 21 07:46:28 BST 2004

> hello,
	I am working on FC2 and in Gnome I have no problems but with Kde it
> crashes all the time even at the beginning of the programme. It keeps
> sending this message : Kde panel (kicker) has crashed and has triggered
> off signal 11 (SigServ). I keep getting this on kicker, konqueror,
> terminal, kcontrol in fact in anything that is going! How to get out of
> this one please??
>

> via components : athlon processeur and nvidia gforce video card.Kde
> 3.2.2-6 RedHat. Kernel 2.66-1.427 and I have just updated to the new
> kernal 2.66-1.465.What a mixture you might say! After update I still do
>not have any problems with Gnome.
>	Thanking you in advance,
>				John Brennan-Sardou. (French Education system)

Hello,

Do many things can help you:

   ---> Download the lastest version of KDE
   ---> Uninstall KDE, Recompile KDE and Reinstall KDE
   ---> If you have problems with KDE, maybe your Linux distribution
works only correctly with Gnome: update your distribution, change your
distribution or past to Gnome.

Pernonally, I had exactly the same problem as you, but with Gnome:
that's why I use KDE!

	Theveneau Hadrien