cygwin kde

thujan tuxakka at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 13 17:53:39 BST 2004

On Sunday 13 June 2004 12:46, Florian Roth wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004 11:34 schrieb thujan:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I red that there are kde packages for cygwin.
> > And I also managed to locate download place.
> > But how to install, is there any clear documentation
> > howto kde for cygwin?
> > If installation is possible, then win users also could have
> > good browser :)
> > Now they don't cause nobody has ported kde-network
> > for w32?
> > Imho konqueror is best browser one can get :)
>
> There is a documentation for a kde installation under cygwin here:
> http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/kde3/installation.php
>
> I did this some time ago and I had no problems installing KDE. But I think
> it's no a good idea to use it for every days work because it is really
> slow.

Thank you, I managed to install it with cygwin setup adding that url.
Actually it was very easy installation.
It also worked better than I thought, I think it doesn't loose much for
vmware which you have to pay good money, cygwin-kde is free.
Some problems with that platform (winxp) thou, especially firewall
seems not to understand frequent 127.0.0.1 connections, but that is
firewall's fault not cygwin-kde :)

--
best rgds
thujan