KMail is a good... BUG

Denis Vlasenko vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua
Fri Jun 11 07:03:26 BST 2004

On Friday 11 June 2004 01:52, Robin Rosenberg wrote:
> On Thursday 10 June 2004 07.50, Ze wrote:
> > Just to say that now i received a blank email from asus.com.tw
> > Again i had to run evolution to be able to see the email.
> > Just when i right click to see the code is when i can see something...
> > Why this happens in kmail?
> >
> > Note:Here i attach the email
>
> That mail is very broken. If you look at it you see that text message i cut
> in part, i.e. it begins in the middle of a sentence. Furthermore the e-mail
> format mandates that there be an empty line between the headers and the
> actual text. Furthermore the message is not terminated, there are not
> mime-headers etc etc.
>
> My impression is that the KMail developers are somewhat security concious.
> That implies not trying to make sense of any garbage that comes in since
> that may well be an attempt to break the program.

How that explains that other MUAs handle that mail fine?

I tend to think that KMail somehow mangled the message.
This really can be a KMail bug. However, unless original reporter
takes some measures to investigate the matter, I don't
think it can be known for sure.

tcpdump -nli<eth> -s0 -xX port 110

will be interesting to see, at least.
--