KMail is a good... BUG

Robin Rosenberg robin.rosenberg at dewire.com
Thu Jun 10 23:52:46 BST 2004

On Thursday 10 June 2004 07.50, Ze wrote:
> Just to say that now i received a blank email from asus.com.tw
> Again i had to run evolution to be able to see the email.
> Just when i right click to see the code is when i can see something...
> Why this happens in kmail?
>
> Note:Here i attach the email

That mail is very broken. If you look at it you see that text message i cut in
part, i.e. it begins in the middle of a sentence. Furthermore the e-mail
format mandates that there be an empty line between the headers and the
actual text. Furthermore the message is not terminated, there are not
mime-headers etc etc.

My impression is that the KMail developers are somewhat security concious.
That implies not trying to make sense of any garbage that comes in since that
may well be an attempt to break the program.

-- robin