KMail is a good... BUG

Alexander Nordström alexander.nordstromNOSPAM at tpg.com.au
Wed Jun 9 06:41:46 BST 2004

On Wednesday, 9 Jun 2004 05:59, Ze wrote:

> > > Regarding a tmp partition, no i don't have a separate partiton and also
> > > as i said i still have available 1GB of free space.
> > >
> > > About the server its a pop, i dont use filters and as far as i know
> > > neither the server, maildir.And doesnt make any difference about the
> > > accounts, the problem happens in all accounts.
> > >
> > > Now im posting here the code of the mail message:
> >
> > Are the other e-mail accounts you tried with provided by the same server
> > or a different one?
>
> The other account i have is from hotmail and im usinf it with the Hotwayd
> POP3 to HTTPMail, but someimes the emails arent correctly displayed, but
> the principal problem is with the other account that i have from a internet
> provider.

Before I get back to your question, there's no reason to address the message
to me as well, as I'm subscribed to the list. Rule of thumb: if the Reply-to
header does not specify that someone wants a reply off-list, don't send one.

Okay, since you get the same problem using different e-mail servers we can
rule out that the server somehow causes the message to be retrieved
incorrectly with KMail. I wanted to rule this out because even though another
e-mail reader might get it right, the reason KMail got it wrong could
hypothetically have been that it were more sensitive to some oddity
perpetrated by the server. It would appear that's not the case.

> > Could you create a new user account on your computer and check if the
> > problem appears for them too?
>
> I cant setup another account cause i only can have one email account, but
> listen, only kmail gives troubles, evolution displays correctly the emails
> that appear in blank using kmail.

If you have root access on your computer, you can still set up a new user
account on your computer and set up that user's KMail to retrieve from that
same e-mail account. This way you will be able to tell if the problems you
are seeing are because of a corrupted configuration file or maildir store.

> And this kmail version 1.6.2 haves the ability to compose html emails, but
> continues with this prblem when displaying them.

I don't think the problem is with displaying them, but rather retrieving or
storing them, since they get cut off in the middle of the headers. On that
note, are you positive that only HTML e-mails are affected?

--
Alex Nordstrom