KMail is a good... BUG

Ze mmodem00 at netvisao.pt
Tue Jun 8 22:59:12 BST 2004

Em Terça, 8 de Junho de 2004 21:44, Alexander Nordström escreveu:
> On Tuesday, 8 Jun 2004 22:53, Ze wrote:
> > >
> > > On that note, would you care to post the entire message source of one
> > > of the e-mails with which you're having trouble? Of course, use your
> > > common sense and edit out any parts that you do not wish posted here,
> > > but please state which changes you have made.
> > >
> > > - What method do you use to retrieve your messages? POP? IMAP?
> > > - What filters (if any) are in effect?
> > > - Do you or your postmaster use any other filtering software?
> > > - Mailbox or maildir?
> > >
> > > In line with this, does the problem appear irrespective of which e-mail
> > > account you use?
> > >
> > > As David James asked, do you have a separate /tmp partition? You
> > > mention you have 1 GiB left in /, but that obviously doesn't matter if
> > > /tmp is a separate, full partition.
> >
> > I said that i receive much HTML email in blank from for example
> > http://forums.mozillazine.org, hotmail.com, etc.
> > But ok i will atttach here the last email i received from mozillazine.org
> >
> > Regarding a tmp partition, no i don't have a separate partiton and also
> > as i said i still have available 1GB of free space.
> >
> > About the server its a pop, i dont use filters and as far as i know
> > neither the server, maildir.And doesnt make any difference about the
> > accounts, the problem happens in all accounts.
> >
> > Now im posting here the code of the mail message:
>
> Please don't top-post. It makes it very hard to follow threads and see who
> wrote what. Post your reply below the message to which you are replying,
> and cut it down in length if necessary.
>
> Is that the entire source? In that case, what we can see is that it's a
> failure to retrieve or store the body of the message, not just a failure to
> display it correctly (or a malformed message). That might be an important
> clue. You mention you can read the messages with evolution; do you see
> anything special in the e-mail messages' source at the point where they get
> cut off when retrieved with KMail?
>
> Are the other e-mail accounts you tried with provided by the same server or
> a different one?
>
> Could you create a new user account on your computer and check if the
> problem appears for them too?

Ok im now replying in the bottom of the email message, but im not really used
to do this...
Speaking about the kmail problem, yes that was the intire code, the email is
blank with unknown sender and date and no subject, but when i clicked to view
the code, appeared that i paste.

The other account i have is from hotmail and im usinf it with the Hotwayd POP3
to HTTPMail, but someimes the emails arent correctly displayed, but the
principal problem is with the other account that i have from a internet
provider.

I cant setup another account cause i only can have one email account, but
listen, only kmail gives troubles, evolution displays correctly the emails
that appear in blank using kmail.

And this kmail version 1.6.2 haves the ability to compose html emails, but
continues with this prblem when displaying them.

Now im going to attach here the last blank email that i received from
mozillazine.org, just when clicking to see the code is that you can see
something...

cheers,
Zé

PS when u there click to see the email attached u dont need to right click to
see something, but that is just because i had to save it as a file to be
possible to attach it here.