Looking for KMenu/panel options

Brian S. Stephan bssteph at irtonline.org
Fri Jun 4 07:34:18 BST 2004

On Thursday 03 June 2004 11:27 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Brian S. Stephan wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > Talking to someone else about desktop customization, we came across a
> > couple desires we couldn't find options for. Do any of the following
> > exist?
> >
> > 3) The ability to add bookmarks to the panel as _specific_ buttons.
>
> Create them first on the desktop.  Right click the desktop background and
> select:
>
> 	Create New -> File -> Link to Location (URL)
>
> To modify it, right click and choose: "Properties", or open it in an editor
> to add a Name.
>
> After you get what you want, drag it to the panel.  Then, delete it from
> the desktop.

Ah, that is a bit roundabout, but it does work, thanks. :)

I looked at the kicker taskbar code for #1 and there seems to be nothing in
the code for it, and judging by how the various objects interact, creating
such an option would be messy... but I could be wrong. I'm not terribly
familiar with the source.

Anyway, thanks.

Brian