kde takes a nose dive

john brennan-sardou johnbs at tele2.fr
Wed Jun 2 13:49:22 BST 2004

Hello,
    Houston, I think we have a problem. Every time I try to enter into
kde under Fedora core 2 kde sends me messages saying that the programe
has crashed and gives me the Signal 11 and a Sigserv message. Of course
the system becomes very unstable and my nerves can't stand it. In
console mode there is no problem so one should think that the vidéo may
be at the root of the problem. It is in fact a Nvidia Gforce fx (without
the nvidia driver from nvidia that is). There is a whole lot of Via
components in this computer (it is not my fault, I do what I can) and
every time I try to "yum" to livna I get a segmentation fault. Can you
please give me some idea how to get out of this one? It seems to me that
there is a gui problem here.
             Thanking you in advance,
                                                       John
Brennan-Sardou. (french education system)