Where to report sites that render bad in konqueror?

Jonathan Rawle jr36 at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Jun 2 11:08:01 BST 2004

imr wrote:

> I seem to remember that there was a place to report sites which render
> badly in konqueror or not at all?
> Was it a dream or is there such a site?
> Or am I obliged to fill a bug for this?

There was a (possibly UK-only) site specifically for bank websites, but I
can't remember it at the moment.

However, the best place to report it is to the webmaster of the site -
otherwise they are saying that they don't want Konqueror (and probably
Apple Safari) users as their customers!

You need to decide whether it is a Konqueror bug, or whether the website has
been badly designed to work in Internet Explorer, rather than complying
with the W3 standards. If the site works in Mozilla it's probably a
Konqueror bug.

The forms that cause problems are always Javascript-based forms. Why do web
designers feel the need to use this awful language? If the forms were
implemented correctly using server-side scripts, they'd work on any browser
released since the mid 1990s!

Jonathan