Mandrake 10.0 upgraded to 3.2.3 - panel problems

edoardo comar edolists at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 15 13:05:20 BST 2004

I've upgraded my 10.0 official installation's kde packages with the kde
3.2.3 packages for mandrake availble from kde.org.
Having experienced it, I would not recommend this upgrade. My current
most annoying problem (not the only one) are a couple of panel bugs :

At startup, the kde applets taskbar and system tray do not get populated
properly :
- the taskbar stays empty even if there are windows open,
- the system tray does not display the susal icons (klaptop, klipper,
kmix, korganizer ...)

I have to manually remove the two applets and add them again, and they
will then work until the next kde session.

Anyone knows how to fix the problem once and for all?
thanks,
Edoardo