Fonts - CID / xinitrc missing

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Sun Jul 11 11:51:56 BST 2004

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 03:44, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used. (!! KDE is a
> > gui last time i looked)
>
> I wouldn't loose sleep over that error.  I get them too and I can't see
> that they are a problem.

I had a look into the code, and the problem is that KApplication has a QPixmap
as a member (instead of a pointer to it), therefore also non-gui KDE
applications (e.g. background tasks) create this empty pixmap class, which
leads to this error.

But in the code there is already a comment:
  QPixmap aIconPixmap; // BIC (KDE 4) make a pointer, to avoid creating if
noGUI
  QPixmap aMiniIconPixmap; // BIC (KDE 4) make a pointer, to avoid creating if
noGUI

So this will be solved in KDE4 (can not be solved in 3.3 due to binary
compatibility)

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

       Some operating systems are called 'user friendly',
             Linux however is 'expert friendly'.