Sound Issue

daniel danstemporaryaccount at yahoo.ca
Thu Jul 8 18:59:31 BST 2004

On July 8, 2004 01:36 pm, David wrote:
> What is running that would mangle the settings, and how can I prevent it
> from running, or change it's default settings to more useful settings to
> my setup?  Or how can I add a script (to the kde startup process) that
> restores the sound card settings for me?

my guess is that it's kmix.  i'm not using alsa here @work, but i could swear
that at home, it was kmix working the mojo.  check out the control centre and
looking for the option of "restore volume levels at login".  you can uncheck
that if you like, or leave it checked and use kmix to save current volume
levels as default....  up to you.

--
"the nationalist not only does not dissaprove of atrocities committed by his
own side, he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them."