How do i predefine the new-users-KDE?

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Mon Jul 5 10:56:38 BST 2004

On Monday 05 July 2004 10:33, qeldroma wrote:
> I want to preconfigure the new user Desktop, without the wizard.

> Is there perhaps a Howto in the internet somewhere for this
> individualization of KDE3.2?

Try starting with http://www.kde.org/areas/sysadmin/

The 'KIOSK Admin' tool should prove very useful.

You'll ideally want to create a .kde directiory in /etc/skel that new user
profiles will be based upon. Since KDE uses simple text files for this
configuration, it is easy to amend these files to produce the 'new user
template' you desire.

Cheers,
Gavin.