How to find out which program belongs to the symbol

Michael Zieger m.zieger at zmi.at
Mon Jul 5 09:48:29 BST 2004

On Mo 5 Juli 2004 09:58 Jim MacLeod wrote:
> It's possible it might be Korn - that uses a box in the taskbar but
> that should respond to a right click.

I tried that. It looks similar, but it was not Korn.

> Otherwise open System - Monitor - KDE System Guard and see what
> processes are running, something might be more obvious.

There are more than 190 processes, and all of them make sense. I tried
to close all programs, still I can't see the "bad guy".

Is there no way to just simply check which program connected to that
task bar? There should be a way. I tried "lsof", but there are too many
entries to search through. What libraries does a program need to open
to create a symbol there?

mfg zmi
--
// Michael Zieger, Ing.BSc.     ---    Zieger Michael EDV-Lösungen
// http://zmi.at           Tel: 0660/4156531          Linux 2.6.6