Can't start *.doc on separate window

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 4 03:12:48 BST 2004

Hi folks,

KDE 3.0.5a-4
RH 8.0

I have following settings set on;
Control Center -> Index -> File Browsing -> File
Associations -> Known Types
-> x-msword
On General tag
Filename patters = *.doc
Application Preference Order = OpenOffice.Org Writer
On Embedding tag
Left click action = check "Show file in separate
viewer"
Services Preference Order = Netscape plugin viewer

I can start a xxx.doc with OO writer on separate
window by clicking the former
on Konqueror (home)

However after reboot (or logout and relogin) the above
setting changed
automatically as;

On General tag
Filename patters = *.doc and *.dot (changed)
On Embedding tag
Left click action = check "Show file in embedded
viewer" (changed)

Still I can start a xxx.doc with OO writer by clicking
it on Konqueror (home)
but in the same window, i.e. inside Konqueror.

I repeated reconfiguring the above settings many times
but with the same
result, i.e. the settings changed automatically after
reboot.

Kindly advise how to fix the problem.

TIA

B.R.