(no subject)

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Jan 25 11:00:07 GMT 2004

On Sunday 25 January 2004 04:15, John Sowden wrote:
> Sometimes when I download (not open) a file, say, a DOS zip file, instead
> of getting the window that allows me to select the drive and directory
> where I want the file put, along with the ability to rename it as I wish,
> the download starts right away, and the "progress window" indicates that
> the file is being sent to my temp directory, under a cryptic (unique) name;
>  then I am presented with a list of the files in the zip file.
>
> Why, and how do I avoid this problem?

ark, KDE's archive handler, is associated with the filetype and opens it.
Edit the file association for ZIP file and remove ark (control center->KDE
components->file associations) or use hold the shift key when clicking the
link or right click the link an choose "Save link as"

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>