Keyboard Shortcuts

Jani-Matti Hätinen jannu.hatinen at mbnet.fi
Tue Jan 20 19:53:54 GMT 2004

On Sunday 18 January 2004 20:12, Michael Bazdell wrote:
> Now here's where the problem is. When I go to the keyboard shortcuts
> menu in the Kcontroll center, under the General Shortcuts tab, I can use
> my new keys without a problem. However, in the other two tabs, they wont
> take my keys when I press them down.
>
> Is this a known bug to be fixed come 3.2? Perhaps there's even a file I
> could edit manually to put in the key for the shortcut I want.. Not
> sure.. I looked in my home folder and I found the scheme but it only
> held the title, no actually bindings...

Sorry I missed this on the first go.
  As you probably found out, the keybindings are in
~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals, in the Shortcuts section. In order to make
the individual shortcuts visible in this file, you have to change the
shortcut from it's default setting. (to anything, which you can then edit to
your liking manually)

--
Jani-Matti Hätinen