Konquerer and Netbanking

Jim Horner jhorner at arinbe.com
Wed Jan 14 17:22:31 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 06:25, Franz Foedermayr wrote:
> Dear List !
> I  want to use Netbanking with KDE (Konquerwe 3.1.4) (SuSE Linux 9.0)
> But if  I enter  a Netbanking-Adress like  "www.netbanking.at"

I am assuming this site uses https. I have had Java/Applet problems with
konqueror connecting to sites via https. For example, my router runs IPCop
and I can connect to the Java SSH applet using http fine using konqueror,
however, when I use https it fails with a similar "Class Not Found" exception
you mentioned. Being a Java programmer and knowing how picky Java is with
SSL, I just figured it was some problem between Java and SSL certificates
since the certificate on the IPCop router is self signed. Perhaps the site
you mentioned is also using self signed certificates? Sorry this is not an
answer to your problem...

Jim