print a website with dcop?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Jan 14 11:49:57 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 12:36, Michael Renner wrote:
> Moin,
>
> with dcop I want to open a browser window, open a URL and print the webpage
> as soon as it is loaded. But how?
> Opening the browser and loading the URL is no problem
>
> dcop konqueror-947 konqueror-mainwindow#1 openURL http://www.de.debian.org
>
> But how can I print controlled by dcop? And maybe select which printer to
> use? I found no function for this. Not with dcop, neither with kdcop.
> kprinter is installed, the cups server is working, so it works if I press
> the 'print' button.

You can activate print in Konqueror with
dcop konqueror-649 qt/KXMLGUILClient-KActionCollection/print activate
but I think it will still popup a dialog and I am not sure if it can be
controlled by DCOP.

Maybe using something like html2ps http://user.it.uu.se/~jan/html2ps.html is a
better approach.

Cheers,