Battery consumption

Imobach González Sosa imobachgs at softhome.net
Tue Jan 13 19:37:14 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I have a little question to answer about battery consumption on KDE. Well, I'm
not going mad, but when I use KDE, my laptop's battery is discharged quicker
than using other alternatives, like XFCE (I haven't tested GNOME on my laptop
computer).

Right, I know: KDE is a complete, wonderful, complex Desktop Environment and
there are some backgrounds processes spining up my hard disk and taking some
resources.

So, the question is, what tricks (if any) do you use to reduce your
favourite's desktop environment power consumption?

Thank you all.

--
        EuropeSwPatentFree (http://EuropeSwPatentFree.hispalinux.es)
(o_.'   Imobach González Sosa   imobachgs at softhome.net
//\c{}  imobachgs at step.es       osoh at jabber.org
V__)_   Usuario Linux #201634
Gentoo Linux con núcleo 2.4.23 sobre Intel Pentium 4