How to disable "View | Use index.html

Steven P. Ulrick spu at faith4miracle.org
Fri Jan 9 07:59:30 GMT 2004

Hello, Everyone :)
I am running KDE 3.1.94 on Fedora Core 1.  I installed from the Fedora
RPMS that I found on ftp.kde.org  I have discovered the unfortunate
reality that whether I want it to or not, (I do not want it to :))
whenever I open a directory that has an "index.html" file in it, it opens
it as a webpage.  When I click "View", it has a check by the line that
says "Use index.html"  So I uncheck it, and restart Konqueror, but the
problem still persists.  I can't get it to remain unchecked.  I looked in
Kcontrol, I checked "Settings | Configure Konqueror", all to no avail.  I
even looked in "/home/steve/.kde", all with no success.  I have never had
this problem with any previous version of KDE.

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Steven P. Ulrick