HELP: Cannot find camera kioslave from kde 3.2 beta 2

Koivisto Kimmo kimmo.koivisto at surfeu.fi
Sat Jan 3 12:07:05 GMT 2004

Hello

I'm feeling quite stupid, I cannot find camera kioslave and thus use my
digital camera with konqueror :(

Camera is Canon G5 and gphoto2 is able to find it and gtkam works ok but I
would like to use camera with kioslave and konqueror.

Control Center does not have anything related to digital cameras, am I missing
something. Control Center->Peripheals has following items:Display, Keyboard,
Monitor Gamma, Mouse, Printers and Remote Controls. Tried control center as
root or as normal user, with English and Finnish language.

Info Center->Protocols shows list of available ioslaves, cannot find anything
related (camera, kamera, gphoto).

With konqueror, using
kamera:/ or
camera:/ or
gphoto:/ or
gphoto2:/
, kongueror says "protocol not supported".

I tried to google but didn't find anything than old TheKompany articles and
screenshots about kamera-kioslave. I have tried the kamera kioslave earlier
with HP715 and Red Hat 7.3 but that was more that year ago.
I know that camera should be configured from Control Center, but I'm either
blind or done something wrong :)

Any good tips what to do or links where to find more info?

BR
Kimmo Koivisto

Other info:
I'm using Fedora Core 1 with:
kernel-2.6.0-1.21
kdenetwork-3.1.94-0.1
kdeartwork-3.1.94-0.1
kdepim-3.1.94-0.1
kdelibs-3.1.94-0.2
kdemultimedia-3.1.94-0.1
kdegraphics-3.1.94-0.1
kdeutils-3.1.94-0.2
kdeadmin-3.1.94-0.1
kde-i18n-Finnish-3.1.94-0.2
kdegames-3.1.94-0.1
kdeaddons-3.1.94-0.2
kdebase-3.1.94-0.3

and
gphoto2-2.1.3-3

, installed from Fedora "rawhide"  rpm's.

<gphoto2>
#gphoto2 --auto-detect
Model                          Port
Canon PowerShot G5 (PTP mode)  usb: