ftp client

Jeroen van Riet Paap jsvrp at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 24 22:20:34 GMT 2004

Op dinsdag 24 februari 2004 21:51, schreef Trevor Smith:
> On February 24, 2004 02:16 pm, wim delvaux wrote:
> >         FTP client ? ftp://... in konqueror is not OK ?
> Interesting. I was also thinking that KDE was missing an FTP client. So
> tell me, if we're using Konqueror as the client, how do we set up a
> 'bookmark' to a site, save its password/username, preferred local and
> remote starting directories, etc.?

Very simple. Just go to your ftp site and it will ask for a username and
password. You can make it remember easily, with the help of our friend
Kwallet.

If you want to force an username (some homepage ftp-sites require that), just
type: ftp://username@site.ftp, it will ask for a password with the same
procedure as above.

Cheers,

Jeroen