ftp client

Luke Chatburn lchatburn at isset.org
Tue Feb 24 21:10:33 GMT 2004

Hi Trevor...

To use FTP in Konqi, just use an address of the form:

ftp://user:pass@myserver.com

Bookmark it as normal.

You can right click in folders/desktop and then create a new link to a site,
too, using that as the URL. Then you can just double click it, and off it
goes. If you want to add an FTP site to the sidebar (Desktop/Documents/Home
shortcut bar) of the file selector, just use the same URL and then right
click on the sidebar and select the Add option.

It's a real pain to learn how to do, since no one ever seems to bother to
document it, or make anything that explains it explicitly, but it really is
very simple :)

-Luke