kdm problem

Martin Fahrendorf fahrendorf at helix-gmbh.net
Mon Feb 23 07:31:44 GMT 2004

Am Sonntag, 22. Februar 2004 22:27 schrieb James Richard Tyrer:
> Martin Fahrendorf wrote:
[...]

> There is some documentation in a README file in: "kdebase/kdm/".
>
> Apparently, the new system is only used if you have the line:
>
> 	[X-*-Core]
>
> 	SessionsDirs=/usr/share/kdm/sessions,/usr/share/kdm/sessions
>
> is added to the: "kdmrc" file to replace the:
>
> 	SessionTypes=kde,default,gnome,failsafe,
>
> line.
>
> But the only way to configure this appears to be by hand. :-(

Hm, that is not all of it. On two of my systems the SessionDirs line is
not present in kdmrc file and nevertheless it uses the session .desktop
files. I have copied my kdmrc form my old kde31 installation.

And yes, it would be nice to have a configuration dialog for all
these .desktop files.

And thanks for the hint to the README file.

> --
> JRT

Martin
H E L I X Gesellschaft für Software & Engineering mbH
Hanauer Landstraße 52               Telefon (069) 4789 35-30
D-60314 Frankfurt am Main           Telefax (069) 4789 35-44
http://www.helix-gmbh.net                info at helix-gmbh.net