Binding windows key to the KDE Prev. Desktop Shortcut

Marek Olszewski m.olszewski at utoronto.ca
Sat Feb 21 04:42:58 GMT 2004

Hey,

In order to try to map my windows key to the KDE Prev. Desktop Shortcut I've
re-mapped it to be F12 (using xmodmap).  Assigning it to the shortcut works
well (I press the win key and it says F12), but then when I try to test the
shortcut, pressing the windows key does nothing.  When I press the actual F12
key, the shortcut does work.

I've also tried mapping it to the unused F13 key.  I also clear the windows
keys from being modifiers with a 'Clear Mod4' line in my xmodmap file.

I'm running KDE 3.2 on debian unstable with Kernel 2.4.24.

Any ideas?

Marek

[Insert funny opensource signature here]