artsd doesn't use the good audio device, because of usb audio device

GaƩtan Quentin qg_tech at noos.fr
Fri Feb 20 20:56:57 GMT 2004

Hi,

 On Mandrake cooker - whatever the kernel version is (2.4.x or 2.6.x):

On my computer, the true sound card is a maestro3, and its module is well
loaded at boot time.

If my Toucam pro webcam (usb) is plugged when i boot, webcam kernel modules
will be loaded at boot time too, that means pwc module and usb audio modules
(which are only microphone modules). And if toucampro modules are loaded,
artsd choose the usb audio device as the default sound device, which is not,
and of course, it doesn't work.

Have you an idea on how to correct that?

Regards,
Gaetan