Koqueror - file does not exist

Drew, Sara, and Camille kvichak at xprt.net
Tue Feb 17 01:35:26 GMT 2004

Have not used this message board so hope I am not sending this message
inappropriately.

I have searched websites and the KDE archive, but have found no
solutions to this problem.

Running KDE-3.1.3 on Mandrake 9.2.  On every log on, I get a message
saying "Konqueror error - the file /mnt/floppy/stage2/test does not
exist."  This was a file I transferred to my PC via floppy weeks ago.
The error shows up consistently every time I log on to KDE.  After
completely reformatting and reloading all of Mandrake 9.2 (except /home,
which resides on its own partition), the error still appears.  This led
me to believe the problem resided somewhere within /home, wich wasn't
re-formatted and replaced.   So I rgrep'ed the home directory
recursively, and found a file (with a very long file name, i.e.
konqueror_117[00000xxxxxx....xxxx456]) in the directory
"/home/<username>/.kde.share/config/session" which appears to hold a lot
of configuration stuff, including some lines about "View 1" and View 2."
Sure enough, the path listed in the error ( /mnt/floppy/stage2/test) is
shown in one of the lines related to "View 2."  I have tried various
things, renaming the file, deleting it, deleting the offending View 2
line only, all to no avail.  If I delete the file, KDE just replaces it.

Any leads would be much appreciated as I am out of ideas and getting
quite irritated with this false error every time I log on.

Thanks,

kvichak