konqueror shortcuts

Tyler Retzlaff rtr at twentynine.org
Mon Feb 16 12:02:37 GMT 2004

After a recent upgrade to kde 3.2 I notice the configure shortcuts list
(accessed through konqueror settings) no longer has 'Down' in the list of
Actions to bind to a key.  The 'Up' action is still there, however when a key
is bound to it, it does not function correctly.

I have bound 'k' to the 'Up' action and it misbehaves under the following
circumstances.

Steps
1. Enter a location to visit a website e.g. www.kde.org.  Using 'k' to scroll
up works fine.
2. Click on any link at www.kde.org at the subsequent page visited using 'k'
no longer functions as 'Up' action but instead performs the 'Back' action.

This same behavior occurs for any website visited in konqueror.  I haven't
filed any bug-reports however upon feedback from this list I may (providing
the behavior isn't somehow my fault)

To summaraize,
+ I would like to see 'Down' in the list of Actions for konqueror shortcuts.
+ I would like the 'Up' action to behave (even on sub pages)

Feedback appreciated,

Thanks