Changing Caption of Konsole-Tabs

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Feb 16 05:55:26 GMT 2004

On Monday 16 February 2004 03:43, Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to change the caption of the Konsole-Tabs via some
> escape-code? I know it's possible for the window title, but even heavy
> googling didn't show me a way so set the tab captions

You can set the tab caption, acutally the session name, by DCOP.
The difficult thing would be to find out which session in which konsole
process to send the command to.

This renames the last session of the last konsole to "foo"

export KONSOLE=$(dcop | grep konsole | tail -n 1)
export SESSION=$(dcop $KONSOLE | grep session | tail -n 1)
dcop $KONSOLE $SESSION renameSession foo

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>