Mp3 sound notification does not work

HD heterodox at satx.rr.com
Sun Feb 15 17:51:33 GMT 2004

I am using KDE 3.2 with Fedora Core 1 and have downloaded some MP3
notification sounds from KDE-Look.org. I have installed them according
to the instructions on that site but they will not play. The default
wav notification sounds work just fine.... but I wanted something a
little different. I can play the MP3 sounds using xmms (after
installing it from xmms.org since the one that comes with FC1 will not
play MP3), Kplayer and Mplayer but not with Noatun or Kaboodle. Is
there something I can do to fix this?
--
HD

Tipping my hat to Fedora.